Sources of risk
Staying up-to-date on sources of risk, is a critical step for operators to ensure that their risk management planning accurately reflects the current operating environment.
Whilst risks vary and are very much specific to each organisation, the following information portals may help in identifying risks that will be pertinent to operators.
- The ASIO Report to Parliament for information on current trends in terrorism.
- The National Security website for the current National Terrorism Public Alert Level.
- The Australian Crime Commission for information on organised crime.
- Victoria Police for crime statistics on areas in which organisations may operate.
- VICSES for information on types of flooding and potential flood losses.
- Geoscience Australia for historical and predictive data on earthquakes.
Near real-time risk information
- Fire warnings from the CFA, the MFB or DSE.
- Flood and storm warnings from the Victorian State Emergency Service.
- News updates from Victoria Police.
- Weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Most of the above near real-time warnings can be accessed by RSS feeds, to enable updates straight to operators' computers and mobile devices.